Our typical email account customers utilize POP email whereby there are physical size limitations on both a per user and per domain basis. When this limit is reached users will no longer receive new emails but rather will get a returned message with "Mailbox size limit exceeded" indicated in the subject line. This issue can be resolved by following our recommended practices for POP Email Accounts.
- Ask your account administrator to log into their webmail account at http://mail.yourdomainname.com and adjust your user quota settings under the "Users" management option.
- Use an email Client software such as (Outlook, Windows Mail, etc) instead of using webmail as your primary email application. Webmail is not intended to be used as your primary email application but rather as a management tool and for convenience when you are away from your computer.
- Ensure that you are not using IMAP as your email protocol. IMAP stores a copy of all of your messages on the server and can cause the quota to be reached quickly. If you wish to use IMAP as your email protocol contact us at email@example.com to upgrade your account.
- Set an auto-clean policy on your account using the following instructions: http://support.dytek.net/KB/a31/automatically-delete-messages-from-server-after-x-days.aspx
- Upgrade your account with us to increase your domain quota by 1GB or more, email firstname.lastname@example.org