Our servers preform server-side spam filtering automatically. Sometimes it is possible that a sender who had sent email to you in the past is suddenly being blocked or listed as [BULK] or [SPAM]. This likely has to do with the ever changing environment with email servers and the traits that real spammers use.
The recommended way to prevent legitimate messages from being blocked or classified as spam is to add them to your Whitelist. It is an easy process and will ensure that their messages always make it through to you.
SMARTERMAIL USERS: How to add senders to your Server-Side Whitelist (Trusted Senders):
- Log in to your Webmail access page
- Go under "Settings" then "My Spam Filtering"
- Click the "Trusted Senders" tab
- Read the instructions and enter addresses and domains that you wish to always receive email from.
Email Clients who utilize Barracuda Spam Filtering:
- Open your email client. Barracuda should send you a summary each day listing quarantined items. Choose the most recent Barracuda email message.
- Log in to your Barracuda Access page
- Locate the email from the sender email address that you do not want quarantined in the future. Click on the word "Whitelist," which is in green print to the right of the email title. This will open your list in a web browser.
- Click the box to the left of the email that you would like to whitelist. At the top of the page, click "Whitelist." Barracuda will not block or quarantine the sender whose email address appears on the whitelist.
Whitelist Senders and Domains
- Click on the "Block/Accept" tab.
- Choose "Sender Domain Block/Accept." Enter the domain name you want to whitelist. For example, you can enter aol.com to allow all AOL addresses. You may enter a comment to remind you why you allowed this domain. Click "Add."
- Click your mouse on the "Email Sender Block/Accept" tab. Enter the email address of an individual sender that you want to whitelist, such as "email@example.com." Include a comment. Click "Add." In the future, Barracuda will not block emails from this sender.
GRID (GS) Email Users:
- Log into your webmail interface by visiting https://grid1.dytek.net/webmail
- Check your Spam or Junk folder
- Go under SETTINGS / ANTI-SPAM SETTINGS
- You may adjust your settings here or Whitelist specific addresses or domains.
PLESK (DV) Email Users:
- Log into your webmail interface by visiting http://webmail.(domain).(tld) (use your domain name here)
- Review your Spam or Junk folder
- Review your Spam or Filtering Settings
- You may also log into your Plesk hosting account at www.dytek.net to review your emial settings in greater detail.